Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Beyond Gaming and Sports Fanatics

I've been an avid lover of sports since the age of seven.  I can remember falling in love with the game of football.  My favorite team since the age of seven has been the Dallas Cowboys, and win they won the Superbowl in 1996 I nearly lost my mind.  My favorite games to play on Nintendo 64 was Madden NFL and NFL Blitz along with NBA live of course.  I had every edition.  I always liked the competitiveness of gaming and playing sports. 

Two young sons later, I birthed gamers and they love to challenge me to a game of basketball, football or any competitive game on the PlayStation, Xbox and Wii every now and again.  Fast forward to 2013 and I see a commercial on TV, where two kids are presenting to their parents the reasons they should purchase the Wii U Sports pack for the benefit of the entire family.  My vision was immediately replaced with that of my two sons ages 9 and 11.  I could clearly imagine them doing something to this magnitude.  I immediately knew one item that I needed to get for the entire family for Christmas. 

The creators of the Wii U Sports Pack, used a very creative way to appeal to a family that wants to not only monitor what their kids are playing on the gaming systems, but it has also carved out a way to create family time as well as fulfill that competitiveness not only within your own family, but the ability to challenge other families to a great game of sports.  Great job Wii U!!, you have definitely earned a consumer for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Lakisha, I too have gaming sons, 15 and twins that 12. A few years back we would get a competition going on the Wii. Three point contests on Wii sports was the best. With the last name of McEnroe, tennis became quite a competition too. Even Mom, joined in and we would have tournaments. You brought back some great memories! I might have to break out the Wii tonight. They are now consumed with "shooting games". Game on!

    ReplyDelete