Thursday, December 5, 2013

Miller Lite Going Retro

Miller Lite in January is bringing back their original can.  Your basic white can with logo and label.  This is the can I grew up seeing on television and magazine adds.  It brings back memories of the old taste great, less filling commercials with athletes and celebrities.  This new campaign will target a whole new generation of young adults who never were exposed to this packaging and marketing campaign.  Miller has already mentioned this on both Facebook and Twitter.

As a consumer of Miller products, I think this will be a successful marketing campaign.  I did see a billboard advertising the 'old' can which prompted me to explore social media and the company website.  The funny thing is the product itself is not changing, same great taste and it's still less filling.  I hope to see the original commercials or current updates of the original commercials.  It's beer, it's fun and I will purchase the product when it comes out in January.

Who else remembers the original campaign?  Will you purchase the product?  Does it bring back old memories from your younger days?  I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim McEnroe

1 comment: