Monday, December 16, 2013

EA Sports – Madden Football - Post #2

Ea Sports has a very successful video game called Madden. Every year it is listed in the top ten of all video game sales. Although their brand is a household name with males between the ages of 10-50, they have not neglected Facebook’s huge social media platform. They post new and fun topics weekly. Some of the posts just ask players to vote for the best Madden NFL player. I’ve seen another post asking friends/consumers to post their best plays and they would actually show the videos . Their Facebook campaign is not only about posting fun items though. They also run extensive pre-launch campaigns in order to get the word-out and create buzz for their yearly release. During these postings they have contests such as allowing users to vote for the player they want to see on the cover of the game. Their 2013 Cover contest generated a record 20 million votes and 598,000 ‘likes’! I think EA Sports is a prime example of a company growing with the times and not believing that just because they are on top, they can neglect the new trends and interests of their target audience. They post engaging content and connect with their customer base. I enjoy their posts and ‘slow my scroll’ when I am perusing Facebook and I get to a Madden posting. If you play Madden, click ‘like’ on their Facebook page and your sure to see what I’m talking about.

1 comment:

  1. My kids love the Madden games. I wasn't aware of the Facebook networking that EA Sports has done. I'm going to jump on FB and check it out. I've been a fan of the games but don't play it. Video games and the coordination of executing the game is beyond my skills. I also would like to mention the "curse" of being on the cover of the game. Those athletes that grace the new cover have usually tanked it the next year in the league. Whether they are injured that next year or just not performing up to their normal standards have created the "curse".

    ReplyDelete