Sunday, December 15, 2013

Donut Vault- Macri Blog #2


It seemed that cupcakes were all the craze for awhile in the city of Chicago, however, I find myself drawn by the buzz of The Donut Vault.  The Donut Vault is a donut shop downtown Chicago that exists purely by word and social media. 

            The Donut Vault posts their donut menu on Tumblr once a week.  Then daily they update twitter(throughout the day) with types of donuts available, quantity available and length of line. The operation is open from 8:30am until the last donut sells and they only accept cash. 

            This campaign certainly makes me want to get to the city as soon as I can to get a donut.  I live in the suburbs and haven't tried the Donut Vault yet, however,  I am strategically planning my visit.  The fact that they have built such a draw purely on word of mouth and social media fascinates me.  I must go check it out for myself.  Since this class I now follow them on Twitter and hope to encounter a donut soon.

1 comment:

  1. Donuts! I'm hooked. Where are they located? Where's the link to Twitter? I'm going to Google this and plan my trip too. Hope it's in walking distance of my normal stops. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete